Fuse Panel


I brought back a selection of fuses, switches, and LED indicator lights from my parent's house when I went to visit them a couple weeks ago.  As I previously mentioned, Dad is an electrical engineer and he has been going to flea markets and such for decades, amassing volumes of this kind of stuff.


I picked out a military spec power switch rated at 25 amps, a fuse box, and a couple of small indicator lights.  My intention is to use one as a 'power is plugged in' light and the other as a 'power is on' light.

I whipped up this panel design in Tinkercad and printed it from GT-PLA. Givin its simple nature, I didn't feel the need to use OpenSCAD for this one.  I put a little open and closed circle on either side of the power switch to indicate off and on.

This whole panel will go on the back of the machine.   It has slats on the top and bottom so it will fit between two extrusions.  On one end is a hole just big enough for the power cable (that i also got from my Dad) to go through.  Of course I'll remember to tie the cord with an Underwriter's Knot, like I learned doing Electric in 4H all those years ago.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.