Huge Haul of Gypsy Treasures

I drove down to my parents house this weekend and picked up some supplies for the printer.  My Dad is an electrical engineer, and has been into various hobbies like Tesla Coils and HAM radio for many many years.  He regularly goes to flea markets and swap meets and so forth.  Consequently, he has amassed a huge hoard of electronic components like switches, gauges, wire, and anything else a mad scientist could ever need.

I returned with an assortment of heavy gauge wires, plugs, military spec switches, LED indicator lights, shrink sleeving, teflon spiral wire wrap, zip ties, and micro-switches.

I'll need these parts to wire up the power supply to the Arduino and I'm going to use the huge 12 guage copper speaker wire to run the hot end.  This will allow for minimal voltage drop, keeping the hot end hot with less load on the RAMPS board.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.