The Problem of Sloppy Belts


I assembled the whole machine again, and put the belts on.  With the belts in place it became clear that there is a very serious design flaw in the corner brackets that I'm using, and they will be one of the first things I re-design and print once this thing is up and running.  The issue is the belt is spaced
way to far away from the tower, limiting the range of motion of the arms/push-rods.


For now, I simply redesigned the trucks so that the attachment point for the belt is 6 mm farther out.


Its also clear that I will need belt tensioners.  These are small springy clips that attach to the belt to take up slack.  The corner brackets I used have a built in belt tightening system, but I already don't like it.  For one thing, the top of my machine is only a half foot away from the ceiling, and it isn't practical for me to be getting up on a latter to make adjustments all the time,







No comments:

Powered by Blogger.