Multi-Card Reader



The 3D printer I'm building is going to have a card reader to perform un-tethered prints. Its built into the side of the LCD panel.

But my current PC didn't have a card reader.  Luckily, EasySMX sent me this sweet USB 3.0 multi-card reader for free for me to test and review.

This is a really awesome card reader with just about ever type of card slot known to man.  It also has audio in and out, 2 SUB 2.0 ports, and a USB 3.0 port.  The finish on the front is a sweet brushed black metal.

I knew before I started that my motherboard doesn't have USB 3.0 support at all. (This PC is probably close to a decade old by now.  I've upgraded most of the components over time, but I'm still running the same overclocked i5 CPU and motherboard.)  But I assumed that the USB 3.0 port was separate from the card reader.  What I didn't realize is all the card reader slots are connected through the USB 3.0, and its the USB 2.0 ports that are separate.

So its looks like I'll be upgrading that motherboard in the near future.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.