Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport


The printer doesn't have a bottom on it, and I'm not sure if it ever will, so to be able to tie down to something so I can keep the wiring tidy, it would be nice to have some kind of tie down point that would mount on the side of the aluminum extrusions.

I looked on Thingiverse for a suitable design, but I didn't find anything I liked for 1 inch (1010) extrusions. So I went into TinkerCAD and put together my own.  





I printed a couple test iterations at high speeds and thick layer heights, until I got the fit just right.  But, when I printed this batch I used GT-PLA and cranked up the settings for maximum accuracy, and they ended up actually fitting a little too loose.

I'll print a few more of these and insert them in the rails at various places the next time I have the frame disassembled.  This way when I run wires, from the motors to the Arduino for example, I can zip tie them to these anchor points. I also need to run wires all the way to the top, for the limit switches, and up the sides to the extruder(s).

I'm currently working on collecting all the wiring, along with the 30 amp rated switch, power cord, and plug, that I'll need, so I can power up the Arduino and start moving the motors.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.