The Effector


I started working on the effector design in OpenSCAD.  I re-used the same modules to build the magnetic mounting points that I used to design the trucks, so I know the distances and angles will be exactly the same, guaranteeing that the push-rods will always form perfect parallelograms, which is important for keeping the printer accurate near the edges of the build envelope.

A few days ago, I printed out this design by Crispiburguer (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1174865) to use as a starting point to get an idea of the distances and angles involved.



I was hoping I'd be able to mount my magnets on it so I could mock up what it would look like attached to the push rods, but it turns out it was made for slightly smaller magnets so they don't fit.  I'll print out one of my design as soon as I finish it, and I know the magnets will fit because I've already tried them on one of the trucks.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.