Aluminum Extrusions

I took the plunge and placed an order for some 80/20 aluminum extrusions tonight.  

I got 48 inch vertical bars, and 18 inch horizontal.  (1 inch diameter)

I picked up 50 each nuts and screws.  

The grand total came out to 132 bucks with shipping.

The 80/20 factory is only a couple hours away from me, so I thought about driving to pick it up. I calculated it would take about 30 bucks worth of gas though, and ground shipping was only half that.

It said there was an extra lead time on the nuts for some reason. Doesn't sound like it should be more than a couple days though.  

I can't wait for this stuff to arrive so I can start assembling it.  Its tempting to start trying to print the corner brackets now, but I want to be able to test fit them as I go, so I'm going to wait till it arrives.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.