Belt and Pulleys


CycleMore sent me this nice set of five Aluminum GT2 gear pulleys for free so I could test them and leave a review on Amazon.com.  My only question is, why the hell are pulleys sold in sets of five? You're always going to need an even number of them.  What good would a single pulley do anyone?  

But I digress.  These are very nice pulleys.  Very precisely machined.  I ordered another pair from eBay for a couple bucks, so I'll have something to compare them to as soon as they arrive.  I'll need 6 total, 2 for each of the three belts, so I'll probably use four from this set plus the other two, to make sure they're all equally matched.

Edit: Ok I found out why they're sold in sets of five, sort of: Most printers only use one pulley per belt.  On the other end they just put a bearing of some kind, so they only actually use 3 pulleys.

For whatever reason, GT2 belts on Amazon are kind of expensive.  I ended up buying this 6mm GT2 belt on eBay a few days ago from LEAP 3D. It arrived super quick.

I got 10 Meters of it.  I'm hoping it's enough because then I realized I could have got 20 for just a few bucks more.  I need three belts so that would be 3.3 meters per belt, or 1.65 meters top to bottom, or 5.4 feet.

The duck tape in the picture is my own doing.  It kept wanting to unwind on me once I took it out of the bag.

On the background you can see my macbook from 2007 that I still use to this day.  For a long time, I had the Up! running off of it.  Right now I've got it running from a windows computer though, because my version of OSX is no longer supported by the software, and I'm too cheap to upgrade it.

You can also see the lucky toad I just printed.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.