BuildTak

Everybody's talking lately about this new stuff called BuildTak https://www.buildtak.com/

Its supposed to be a really great printing surface, and unlike glue stick or hair spray, it doesn't have to be cleaned off and re-applied.  I've seen people use blue painter's tape or kapton tape, but for me that is just way too much of a hassle to have to do for every print.  BuildTak sticks to your print bed like a big sticker. I don't know if it can be peeled off and re-used.

I managed to acquire a big round sheet of this BuildTak that I'm going to try out once I decide on what to use as a build plate.  I'm using Lexan (polycarbonate) on my Plus2 now, on top of its aluminum heated build plate.  I'd like to get a big thick sheet of aluminum for the new printer, since the frame is aluminum as well, but we will see how much that costs.  I'll probably end up going with glass...

The only issue is, sometime's sticks too well.  My buddy shattered a build plate trying to peel off one of his prints:

While I'm on the topic, I just heard about this new stuff called Magigoo  that goes on to the bed like a marker.  Its supposed to stick when hot, and release when cool.

I won't be able to try it until I get the new printer built tho, unless I figure out how to fix the issue with my heat bed not heating.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.