BOM

Bill of Materials So Far

Things I have acquired already:
10 meters of GT2 pulley belt
5 GT2 pulleys
Jumper wires
Arduino - the brains of the printer
RAMPS board - the motor controllers
LCD screen
limit switches - 3

Things I still need to acquire:
A Hot End - This is where the filament is melted and extrudes out
An extruder - Bowden type. This is the gear that pushes the filament through the Bowden tube to the Hot End.  I looked at some all metal ones on Amazon but they don't have the best reviews. Still thinking about what to do here.
Trucks - In a delta printer, the trucks are what ride the belts up and down the vertical shafts. There are lots of options here, from almost fully 3D printed to all metal machined ones.
Arms - The arms connect the trucks to the effector, the small plate in the middle that holds the hot end.
Stepper motors - NEMA 17 is a standard size used by most medium to large size printers.  I ordered a set of 5 NEMA 17 42BYG811B Stepper Motors on eBay for about 60 bucks with shipping.  The 42BYG811 is a very popular NEMA 17 motor with a lot of torque, around 70 inch pounds.  The B at the end is because they are dual shaft.  I figured I dont have to use the second shaft but if i wanted to someday add an additional belt to each motor for better control, I could have that option. I just need to make sure when I mount them that I leave extra room.
Heat bed - big heat beds are expensive so i'm going to try a glass end table top with a pet store reptile heating pad on it, and go from there
Power Supply - I plan to pilfer an ATX from work.  They usually toss out a bunch of old computers every few weeks.
Frame - 3 pieces of 48 inch 1010 aluminum, and 9 pieces of 18 inch 1010
Bearings, screws, springs, etc...
The effector and lots of other parts will be 3D printed on my Plus2.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.